This time of year is crazy…especially if you’re a teacher. You’re stressed out and ready for a break. And you are still having to teach squirrely children who want to do anything but learn.
So it’s time for some fun!
Link on up and share your favorite holiday things!
Here’s what to do:
1. Just save the image above, answer the 12 questions below (you can save and post that image too if you want) and post!
2. Include the button above and a link to this blog on your post.
3. Link her post up here between December 12th-19th
4. Be a good blog reader, and leave some love for the two posts before yours!
Here are my favorite things!
1. Favorite holiday song – Christmas Canon by Trans-Siberian Orchestra; I also love The Little Drummer Boy by Pentatonix
2. Favorite holiday guilty pleasure food – homemade sugar cookies with icing
3. Favorite holiday tradition – watching Christmas Vacation
4. Favorite holiday book – The Tale of Three Trees and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
5. Favorite act of kindness – getting an angel from the Salvation Army Christmas tree; I did this years ago and remember getting so excited about choosing things to buy for my angel. Why haven’t I done it since then? I want to do it this year.
6. Favorite holiday memory – getting my Barbie dream house when I was 6 years old. My parents had just gotten divorced, and my dad came over to be with me Christmas morning. I’m grateful that my parents put me first.
7. Favorite holiday Christmas gift – my Cabbage Patch Kid
8. Favorite holiday craft – I love to make holiday bags with my students. I would give each student a paper bag, scissors, glue, and construction paper, and they would have to decorate their bags without using crayons. It was always so fun to see the different ways they would decorate their bags.
9. Favorite holiday movie – Christmas Vacation! I also love White Christmas
10. Favorite place to shop for holiday gifts – Target…of course every time I shop there I find things for me!
11. What I want Santa to bring me – a man! LOL – I would really love a new stainless steel sink and new flap stovetop for my kitchen
12. Favorite product – My favorite product from my store that I used every single day (and in every subject) is Critical Thinking Stems. I would tell my class to “say something”, and they would immediately turn to their partner and share what they were thinking. It worked in whole class, small groups, at their desks, on the reading area, etc. It worked in every situation. They loved being able to share their thoughts too.
Now it’s your turn! Link up below.